Sunday, January 8, 2012

A bit about what is going on.

I have realized that I don't have time for this everyday and I know that eventually I will. Please keep an eye on this and I will try to keep a better update of what is going on. I have four major projects right now. #1 is my house. I have the American dream, a nice house on an acre (almost) in the city of Colorado Springs. We scraped and saved and lived below our means for 5 years. My girlfriend is mostly responsible. I did work hard and also had to be very convincing and always steered towards the positives. When there were three of us and our Siberian Husky living in a less than 400 square foot house it  took a lot of positivity! It ended up that we found this place in June and with the help of my sister barely made the purchase.We could have done a lot of different things but I have come to hate banks and credit in general so I wanted to find a place that we could pay cash for. This place is really a dream come true but also a ton of work. All my other projects have to take a back seat. I have hit it pretty hard but come to a point sometimes where I could really use a hand! Like hanging drywall on the ceilings! Those times slow the process. There is also prioritizing, I have to work on exterior stuff as weather permits etc. My garage is last in line right now. The former owner or vandals that were out scrapping took all electrical, the windows and the siding from it! It really puts a damper on my contributing to our income. I take a little comfort in the fact that I am saving us more by doing the work than I probably would be making. I also have a three year old to watch, and that makes everyday special and challenging. There is a long way to go with the house and garage but I still work on the other things a little everyday. I will get to the other projects and some other updates as soon as I can, until then.........

No comments:

Post a Comment