Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Crown Corvair

Sorry to skip around so much but I wanted to say a little about my crown Corvair. Crown Mfg Co. Started by Ted Trevor made kits to install V8 engines behind the front seat of a Corvair so you basically have a 2600 pound 300+ horsepower mid engine car. Mine has the complete kit but I plan on setting it up differently and improving on the original builders work. I basically traded it for a welder that I paid $500 for so I could not pass it up. This will be the last in line project. My bike is to be finished next then my Corvair Corsa convertible.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Crown from the day I went to look at it.



The car is really in pretty good shape, no rust through, and it is an original air conditioned car so that will be nice with that engine sitting behind the seats. It is a 69 307 with a set of 67 Corvette heads. The plans include filling in the body panels cut out by the previous owner and moving some plumbing also adding some stiffer suspension and roll bar etc. You will see it her at a later date!

No comments:

Post a Comment