Friday, January 13, 2012

Next in line after the bike.

I really don't have a car for myself that is drivable at this time. I do have a truck but it's not really my style I just needed a utility vehicle for getting materials and dump runs etc. The plan was to have my car done last summer but this house purchase changed everything. After the bike is finished this 1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible will be next in line.

 I had purchased a pair of cars both Corsas one was a Turbo coupe, I really wanted to build that one but I also had a 140 Convertible. I like to keep my projects (somewhat) in check. I was also living in a rented place so not the storage I have now. I decided to roll the dice. I listed them both on Craigslist and the one that sold would provide the funding to start the other one. I ended up with the red one on the bottom. The good things about it are the power top and pretty solid car. The only really bad parts were the trunk floor, due too a varmint infestation. the lower drivers rear also had some cancer from the battery acid.  Me being a self inflicted poor man had found some great deals on parts as I knew I would be building another Corvair. I purchased a complete interior kit for $100 what a steal! There was also a disc brake front end that I found very cheap as well, $300 I think. I will probably end up using that on the Crown car now and keep the drums on the Convertible. I also had a Yenko Stinger carbon fiber deck lid that I had purchased a few years back, now that was a pricey item. I think nearly $600 after shipping. It is a good thing that my wheeling and dealing generally makes most of my parts virtually free! What I am going to do in the next couple of days is get you all up to speed on this car. That way you will know how it arrived at the point it is now. In the future when I finish the car. You will already know the work that it took to get it there. This car was originally Gold with a black top and interior. I was going to go back to original with it but after it threw a few surprises at me I decided I could go custom with it! It will be a medium dark silver with semi flat black accents, top and a light blue interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment